She is a PhD candidate in the Department of International and European Studies of the University of Piraeus. Her PhD thesis is titled “The transformative effect of cyberspace on terrorism: the case of Islamic terrorism”. She holds a bachelor’s degree from the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens at the faculty of Political Science and Public Administration and earned a master’s degree in International Relations and Strategic Studies at the Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences. Her main research interests include international security, terrorism, Islamic terrorism, cybersecurity and cyberterrorism. Mrs. Kapsokoli is a Ph.D. Fellow of the European Doctoral School on the Common Security and Defence Policy (CSDP). She is also a researcher at the Laboratory of Intelligence and Cyber-security of the University of Piraeus.
- “Cybersecurity in the Western Balkans: is the Brussels effect in play”, Joint Publication of Autumn University of the Doctoral School of ESDC (forthcoming 2022).
- “The use of cyberspace by terrorists: the case of ISIS”, Papazisis Publications, Athens, 2021, (in Greek) (forthcoming 2022).
- “Sanctions in Cyberspace: A Comparative Approach of the EU and US” in Modelling Nation-state Information Warfare and Cyber-operations, ACPI (forthcoming 2022).
- “The challenge of defining cyberterrorism within the EU”, Joint Publication of Winter University of the Doctoral School of ESDC (forthcoming 2022).
- “Cyber-jihad in the Western Balkans”, National Security and the Future, Volume 22, No.3, December 2021, St. George Association.
- “Sanctions and Cyberspace: The Case of the EU’s Cyber Sanctions Regime” in Eze, T., Speakman, L. and Onwubiko, C. (eds.) Proceedings of the virtual 20th European Conference on Cyber Warfare and Security 24-25 June 2021, University of Chester.
- “The security challenges that the EU is facing in cyberspace”, in Sidiropoulos, S., Tzagkarakis, I. and Kritas, D. (eds.) 1st POLITEIA International Conference Proceedings – Europe at the Crossroads: Leadership, Challenges and State of Play, Hellenic Association of Political Scientists (HAPSc), Athens, February 2021.
- “EU Cybersecurity Governance: A Work in Progress”, in Bellou, F. and Fiott, D. (eds.) Views on the Progress of CSDP ESDC 1st Summer University Book, Publications Office of the European Union, Luxembourg, 2020.
- “European Union and Cybersecurity: Institutions and Strategies”, in Daskalakis, I. (ed.) The Defence Integration of the European Union, Athens, Infognomon, 2020 (in Greek).
- “The transformation of Islamic terrorism through cyberspace: the case of ISIS”, in Cruz, T. and Simoes, P. (eds.) Proceedings of the 18th European Conference on Cyber Warfare and Security ECCWS 2019, ACPI.